Celebrating Black History Month 2022
The National Ambulance BME Forum is proud to launch our resource pack for Black History Month 2022. The theme this year is #ActionNotWords
The pack contains a range of useful resources for the sector to engage with to help raise the profile or race equality, celebrate key people, improve knowledge and understanding and enjoy some tasty food with our recipes.
The pack has been sent to ambulance Equality Diversity and inclusion leads nationally and includes:
- Quotes from AACE and the National Ambulance BME Forum chair
- AACE Racism pledges
- Details of the National Ambulance BME Forum Conference
- How to get involved in Show Racism the Red Card WEAR RED DAY
- An Ambulance sector lunch and learn on modern racism
- Interpreters’ guidance doc for staff
- TV, Film, book, and recipe suggestions
- Inspirational people posters and case studies
- Wellbeing provision
- Details of events, activities, and further resources
It’s really important that Trusts don’t just talk about race equality in October each year. Trusts should feed messages from leaders, managers, staff, and patients throughout the year to show their support and commitment to making workplaces better for ethnic minority staff and a place where patients feel safe and able to access services.
So, this year for Black History Month let us all take action. Please help us to raise the profile of race equality, amplify the voices of people in your organisation and engage in #ActionNotWords.